Remove Facebook account permanently
Do you have a user account in Facebook and want to delete it for some reason? It is a bit more complicated than deactivating your account. Deactivating your Facebook account is quite an easy task. All you have to do is log in to your account and navigate to the Settings page. After that, all you have to do is click on the “Deactivate” link at the bottom of the page, and your account will be deactivated. However, this will only put your account on standby mode. All of your account information will still be stored in the Facebook server. You can always reactivate your user account in future if you wish.
However, if you are determined about deleting your Facebook account, there are certain steps you must follow. Do this only if you are absolutely sure that you want to get rid of your account forever. Here’s how you do it:
- Visit Facebook home page and log in to your account.
- Go to your home page. You can do this by clicking on the link named “Home”, located in the top portion of the page, right beside the Facebook logo.
- In the home page, click on the “Help” link located at the bottom right corner of the page.
- In the Help page, type “delete” in the search box located at the top of the page and hit Enter (or Return) key on your keyboard.
- You will see a set of instructions after a while, which will describe how you can delete your user account from Facebook. It will also inform you that it is an irreversible change.
- Read all the instructions carefully, and finally, click on the link named “here” located at the end of the paragraph.
- In the next screen, click on the button named “Submit”.
- Type in the password of your account.
- Type in the words given in the picture.
- This step is your last chance to cancel the request for deletion of your user account. If you are still sure about deleting your account, click on the button named “Okay”.
- A dialogue box with the option to permanently delete your account will appear after a while. Click on the “Okay” button to finish deleting your account.
Do not log in for 14 days after this. Facebook will still keep a backup of your account details for 14 days. On the 15th day, your account details will get deleted from Facebook forever.
Old drivers harm system performance and make your PC vulnerable to errors and crashes.
Posted in Miscellaneous