Use YouTube as an Alarm Clock
Are you sick and tired of waking up to the same annoying “R-I-N-N-N-N-N-G” of your alarm clock in the morning? Now you can change the situation by waking up to your favorite video or soundtrack. No, you do not need to purchase some special type of alarm clock to do so. All you need is your trusty PC or laptop computer, an internet connection, and access to YouTube. Then all you have to do access a service called Online Video Clock. It is downloadable for free. All you have to do is to download it, configure the settings a little bit, and you will be all set. Here’s how you can go about setting things up:
- Download the program named Online Video Clock, and install it in your PC.
- Run the program. You will be presented with the main window, with a plethora of options in it.
- Correct the time of the clock built in to the software according to your watch.
- Set the time when you want the alarm to start working.
- The clock has a video player embedded within the main window itself. Below the player, in the bottom toolbar, you will find four buttons pointing at four of the most popular videos presently available on YouTube. Click on these buttons to watch the videos, and see if you like any of those.
- If you do not like any of the four suggested options, then click on the button named Next, given on the right hand side of the bottom toolbar.
- Browse the videos available on YouTube in the next window. Choose a video that you like, and click on the Select button to set it as your wake-up video.
- Now in the main window, click on Set Alarm. The alarm will start immediately, and the video will start playing at the predefined time.
This may sound great, but the process is not without drawbacks. First off, you have to keep your PC/ laptop running continuously for the alarm to work. Besides, you will have to keep the website of Online video clock open in your browser for it to work. Finally, you will have to keep your speakers powered up all night, so that you can hear the video playing. This, however, is much less difficult to carry out if you have a laptop computer, since the speakers will probably be inbuilt, anyway.
So, there you have it, your very own alarm clock that plays your favorite videos for you. Turn up the volume, set the alarm, and take a quick afternoon siesta. The clock will make sure you wake up on time.
Old drivers harm system performance and make your PC vulnerable to errors and crashes.
Posted in Online Services