How to change windows iconsLevel of difficulty: Easy
It is not hard to find numerous icons out of thousands but it is surely hard to decide on which icon to use. All you have to do is find the suitable icon and then to change it, just drag it to the favorite icons pane. There are two ways to change icons in windows: it can be done manually by going to properties or by using an icon tweaking program. The icons need to be ready to use for placing it in the spot where the default icons are. The icons can be downloaded in ICO format or download from the icon libraries.
- Specialized software
Once you have browsed through the icons that you want to use and have kept them aside, you can also keep icons which you have selected and don’t want to use it presently for the selected object; you can keep it for future use. Drag the icon to the favorite icons pane.
Right-click on the desktop and choose Properties.
Click on the Desktop tab and click on the Customize Desktop button.
You’ll now see the default Windows icons in the scrollable box. It should contain My Computer, My Documents, My Network Places, and Recycle Bin (full and empty).
Click on any of the icons and choose Change Icon. You’ll now have the option to browse for icons, icon files, programs and libraries.
Besides saving the icons, you can make a separate file and save them in it. You can customize the icon changer by specifying the extensions of the file which holds the icons that will help to display the files only that have the icon and you can use a bit man file as an icon. It should be your custom icon size, such as 32 x 32.
You can copy the icons onto a clipboard.
Windows system maintenance:
You are currently viewing How to change windows icons on Uniblue's how to archive.
Browse more how to's
- How to change windows icons
- How to change windows password
- How to change windows product key
- How to change windows xp key
- How to change windows xp product key
- How to charge a laptop battery
- How to charge an apple ipod
- How to charge an ipod
- How to charge an ipod shuffle
- How to charge ipod shuffle
- How to charge my laptop battery
- How to check PC memory
- How to check PC speed
- How to check PC temperature
- How to check computer memory
- How to check computer speed
- How to check computer temperature
- How to check internet history
- How to check internet speed
- How to check my ram