How to clear internet explorer historyLevel of difficulty: Easy
The Internet browser that is being used world wide is the Internet Explorer. This browser is capable of maintaining a record of all the websites that have been visited in the past. This capability though is useful sometimes to locate a website which one had visited a few days back but does not remember the link now, but most of the times it is a trouble some affair. Incase a person has been visiting some questionable websites; this history record can land that person into deep trouble. The best option to get rid of any such possible trouble is to delete all the records from the history thus destroying all the evidence.
- For this one requires to have an Internet browser from which the history needs to be deleted. The person who is to perform this task must have working knowledge of the Internet browsing application. There is no other special requirement or skill requirement for this job.
Before beginning make sure that all the Internet browser windows are closed. Closing all these windows will ensure that all the links which have been accessed till the latest get deleted. After closing all the windows open a new browser window.
After a fresh window opens, try to locate the ‘Tools’ menu option located somewhere on the menu bar on the top of the screen. Click on the ‘Tools’ option and a drop down menu will open. From this menu choose the ‘Delete Browsing History’ tab.
Click on the ‘Delete Browsing History’, a pop up window will appear. This window will have a lot many options. You can choose an option to clear temporary history file and to remove passwords. The best option available that gets you rid of any past records is to simply clear the history. There will be a button named ‘Delete All’ at the end of this window, click it. After clicking this a small window will appear asking the user to confirm whether all the history should be deleted or not. Click on the ‘OK’ button to confirm the deletion.
After this close the current window of the browser and check if the task has been successfully completed or not. For this open a new Internet browser and click on the ‘History’ button. If there is nothing that is displayed it means the job is done. Also if one writes something in the address bar of the browser there will be no options displayed there either.
Windows system maintenance:
You are currently viewing How to clear internet explorer history on Uniblue's how to archive.
Browse more how to's
- How to clear internet explorer history
- How to clear internet history
- How to clear memory
- How to clear my temporary internet files
- How to clear my web history
- How to clear registry
- How to clear temp files
- How to clear temporary internet files
- How to clear web cache
- How to clear web history
- How to clear your internet explorer cache
- How to clone a hard drive
- How to compress a file
- How to compress files
- How to compress mp3 files
- How to computer hack
- How to configure dns server
- How to configure linksys router
- How to configure router
- How to connect 2 computers via ethernet