How to connect laptop to tvLevel of difficulty: Easy
If you want to make your laptop screen larger or wish to enjoy a DVD on a bigger screen, you can hook up a laptop to a TV and enjoy the experience of the full picture. Connecting a laptop to a TV is an easy procedure if you have the right connection cable and compatible laptop and television set with you.
- (1) S-video cable (2) TV with S-video output (3)Laptop with S-video output (4)3.5mm cable with two male ends (5) RCA cable (optional)
For the above mentioned procedure, you will require certain hardware for assistance. Those are (1) S-video cable (2) TV with S-video output (3)Laptop with S-video output (4)3.5mm cable with two male ends (5) RCA cable (optional)
First you have to plug the S-video cable into the output slot of your laptop. Then you have to plug one male end of the 3.5mm cable into the headphone jack present on the laptop. If you have an older TV set with the RCA three prone connection ports, then you have to use a RCA pug with the S-video plug on one end and plug the S-video connector into the output on your laptop. Now while doing this, you must not turn on the TV or the laptop just then. Now plug the other end of the cable to the TV set. If you are using the S-video cable, plug it into the S-video input slot. If you are using the RCA cable, then remember to plug the red to the red input panel, yellow to the yellow input panel and white to the white input panel present on the TV set. Then you have to plug in the audio cord into the audio input on the TV set to get the audio feed while you are watching the TV connected with you laptop. Now you can turn on your laptop and your TV set. The laptop will now be able to recognize the TV that has been connected to it. You have to then use your TV remote to select the correct input. The possible options are video 1, video 2 or L1 or L2 depending on how your TV set labels the input device. Put the TV on the right channel, select the input and find the input channel that sees the laptop.
Now adjust the laptop screen resolution if the picture does not look right. Right click on the laptop desktop screen. When the box opens, click 'Properties'. In the next box, click 'Settings' to change the resolution until it appears crisp and clear on the TV.
Windows system maintenance:
You are currently viewing How to connect laptop to tv on Uniblue's how to archive.
Browse more how to's
- How to connect laptop to tv
- How to connect pc to hdtv
- How to connect ps2 to pc
- How to connect psp to pc
- How to connect to the internet
- How to control someones computer
- How to convert PDF File to Auto CAD
- How to convert a tiff image file to a jpeg file
- How to convert avi to dvd
- How to convert cd to mp3
- How to convert divx to dvd
- How to convert dvd to avi
- How to convert dvd to divx
- How to convert dvd to ipod
- How to convert dvd to psp
- How to convert files
- How to convert mkv to dvd
- How to convert vcd to dvd
- How to convert vhs to dvd
- How to convert wma files to mp3
Search for another file extension