How To Open an Mp4 fileLevel of difficulty: Easy
An MP4 file is one of several file formats that has the capacity to store movies, music and other type of data. It is considered as a fast-becoming popular file type and is presently supported by PSP, iPod and Zune. An unaware user may attempt to open the MP4 file but the Windows system may however say that the file could not be opened. Opening an MP4 file may require the conversion of the file to a more recognizable file format. So prior to opening an MP4 file intended for viewing or editing, the user must first determine what type of file the MP4 file extension is referring to. The file extension consists of three or four characters after the period making up the file’s complete name. This file extension is often used by the computer’s Operating System in determining the computer programs associated with the file.
- VLC player
- Video Dub player
- Video Dub player
The user can download an application that allows MP4 files to be played back and may use either VLC player or Video Dub player. The two programs, although it allows the opening of MP4 files, requires the installation of another program which can require an additional space. As an alternative, the user may also upgrade an existing media player if one had already been installed.
The user must then double click on the 'Windows Media Player' on the desktop icon. If the user has no Windows Media Player that had been saved on the desktop, the user may open this by scrolling on the programs upon clicking the 'Start' button.
At the top layer of the toolbar, click on the pull-down menu for the 'File'. Choose 'Open' from a list of options presented in the 'File' menu.
The user then locates on the hard drive the MP4 file wished to be opened. The user’s personal files will be stored in one of the 'My Computer’s' 'C' drive folders. The user then double clicks the file for it to be opened into the Windows Media Player.
See if the file was successfully opened. An unsuccessful opening of the file is usually identified by a message box popping and stating that it was not able to open the file. If the message box appears, the user may click on the option that allows the downloading of the appropriate codec for the MP4 file opening. The user need not to know any particular codec that has to be downloaded since the message prompt will only provide the option of 'press OK' if a download is requested.
Windows system maintenance:
You are currently viewing How To Open an Mp4 file on Uniblue's how to archive.
Browse more how to's
- How To Open an Mp4 file
- How To Operate a Laptop Computer
- How To Overclock a Pentium 4 Processor
- How To Overclock an AMD CPU
- How To Partition an External USB Hard Drive
- How To Password Lock a Computer
- How To Permanently Remove Files
- How To Put Wallpaper on MySpace
- How To Reboot a Computer Hard drive
- How To Replace A Computer Processor
- How To Replace Computer Hard Drive
- How To Set Up A Desktop Icon
- How To Transfer Music From Computer to MP3 Player
- How to Access the Computer Registry
- How to Add More Memory to my Computer
- How to Add RAM to Your Computer
- How to Add RAM to a Laptop
- How to Add Virtual Memory
- How to Add an Icon to the Desktop
- How to Advertise on the Internet
Search for another file extension